Here's what going on...
Big Buls Battle Of The Bands
Does your Band have what it takes to be the best?
What does it entail? It is 20 Bands (any genre) in 16 weeks competing for the cash prize of $1500.00 and the coveted spot opening for one of our many National Acts coming in Spring/Summer 2019. There will also be a $700 cash prize to second place and $500 to third place.
Your band must be available starting Jan. 5, 2019 for randomly selected Saturdays. Your band will have a schedule by Dec. 15, 2018. Your band will play another band one time in the first 10 weeks, if you are victorious your band then will play against another band in the second round of competition which will be 5 weeks long. During the second round of competition your band will again play on a randomly selected Saturday. The Second round will start March 2 and go for 5 weeks. The final 5 bands will compete in all day event on April 27, 2019
How do we get 20 Bands? Submit your bands name and a link to your music by Dec. 1, 2018 to BigBulsRoadhouse@gmail.com The results will be announced Dec. 15, 2018.
How do Bands compete? Each week for the first 10 weeks 2 bands will be randomly drawn to compete against each other. At the end of the first 10 weeks there will be 10 bands left. The winners will again be put in a draw to see which bands will compete against each other in the next 5 weeks. After the second round there will be 5 bands left. BRING OUT YOUR FANS IF YOU WANT TO WIN!. The band with the most votes each night will be the winner and will move on to the next round.
Finals!! On April 27 there will be a day long band battle at Big Buls Roadhouse for the last 5 bands.
There will be 5 judges that can award up to 50 points to each band. The remaining points will be given by audience vote, with a $1 cover at the door.
- The bands will play for 1 hour each on the night they are set to play. There will be a half hour for set up ands a half hour for tear down. The order in which the bands play will determined by random, however you will know in advance.
- Every week until the finals week the audience will determine the winner. The audience will each get a ticket at the door with a $1 cover. This ticket is their voting card. The person will drop their ticket into the band they think is the best. At the end of the night the tickets will be tallied up and a winner announced.
- If your band is chosen to compete and has a conflict on the night you are set to play in any round you must notify Big Buls within 24 hours of receiving your schedule, alternative dates will be found if possible.
- If inclement weather prevents the band from competing Big Buls will use the Friday following the Saturday cancellation. for make-up dates.
- Any genre of music is permitted.
Judges will judge on:
- Stage presence
- Crowd appeal
- Instrumental flow
They will give a score from 1-10 with 1 being lowest and 10 being highest.
The audience will pay a $1 cover at the door, with that they will receive a ticket. They will then drop the tickets into buckets marked with the bands competing names. The order of performance for the final competition will be determined by ticket totals from the first and second round. So the more people who come out in rounds 1 and 2 the later you perform on Saturday April 27.
The final winner is determined by the combined score from the judges and the audience votes from the day of final competition.
Paint night with Lauren McFarland
Thanksgiving Eve Bash w / Whiskey Daze
Karaoke with DJ Nikki
Mchelle Robinson Band
Craft Night with canvas comes to you
Craft night with Canvas comes to you
Karaoke with DJNikki
90 Proof Twang
$5 cover begins at 8:00